Regions Bank Trust Assistant in Houston, Texas
Thank you for your interest in a career at Regions. At Regions, we believe associates deserve more than just a job. We believe in offering performance-driven individuals a place where they can build a career --- a place to expect more opportunities. If you are focused on results, dedicated to quality, strength and integrity, and possess the drive to succeed, then we are your employer of choice.
Regions is dedicated to taking appropriate steps to safeguard and protect private and personally identifiable information you submit. The information that you submit will be collected and reviewed by associates, consultants, and vendors of Regions in order to evaluate your qualifications and experience for job opportunities and will not be used for marketing purposes, sold, or shared outside of Regions unless required by law. Such information will be stored for a set period of time. You may review, modify, or update your information by visiting and logging into the careers section of the system.
At Regions, the Trust Assistant requires that the person provide general and clerical administrative support to an individual in the trust department and/or the trust department as a group, relieving them of clerical, administrative and business detail.
This position requires the tracking of time and is eligible for overtime under the non-exempt FLSA classification for hours worked in excess of 40 per week.
• Adheres to all internal and external regulatory requirements, standards, guidelines, policies and procedures
• Sets up and maintains trust account files
• Ensures that fee desk is informed of new accounts and closed accounts
• Facilitates proper and timely transfer of assets on closing accounts
• Researches tax and compliance issues
• Monitors cash sheet daily for overdrafts or large balances
• Processes Trust transactions (disbursements, income, etc)
• Handles routine questions from clients
• Creates and organizes PowerPoint slide presentations
• Creates and maintains Excel spreadsheets
• Files account related material according to prescribed system in a timely manner
• May attend client meetings with Trust Officer
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Accurate typing, spelling and grammar skills required
• Bachelors degree in a business related field
• One plus years trust administrative experience with a solid understanding of trust office processes
Skill and Competencies
• Proficient in computer software systems to include word processing, databases and spreadsheets
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent organizational and customer service skills
• Good analytical and problem solving skills, including attention to detail
At Regions, our culture focuses on five core values that are a commitment to how we will do business:
Put people first
Do what is right
Focus on your customer
Through these values, our mission to make life better drives our desire to improve and make a positive difference in the communities where we work and live through financial investments and volunteering.